Are you a Transition Year Coordinator interested in introducing your students to smart cities?
Visioneers provides your Transition Year pupils with the tools to learn to think critically and creatively about the technology that is changing our towns and cities. Our classroom-based workshops provide interactive learning activities, using Micro Bit sensor kits to support the development of analytical skills at the same time as stimulating creativity.
Our workshops are free. By requesting a Visioneers workshop your school will receive:
- A 2-hour smart cities workshop delivered by our expert facilitators
- A set of BBC Micro Bits, which can be kept by your school post-workshop
- A “Micro Bit in the classroom” activity guide
- The opportunity for your students to apply to attend our Visioneers TY week in April 2022
Example workshop agenda & learning outcomes
- Smart city fundamentals
- An introduction to sensors using Micro Bit
- An introduction to connectivity and the Internet of Things
- Solving local challenges using technology
To request a workshop for your Transition Year class, you can contact us via the website form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org